Candles might be pretty, but they're still miniature fires. Follow these basic guidelines to ensure your candle burning experience is a pleasant one.
- Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Never touch or move a burning candle.
- Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.
- Do not burn the candle longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Make sure the candle is completely extinguished before leaving the room.
- Don't touch the candle until it has completely cooled.